Luau

Luau

Baby Tahitian

Baby Tahitian

Monday, November 10, 2008

Nothing in particular..it's just been a while :)

Well, the luau went GREAT!!! The place was packed, we had great vendors and volunteers, raffle items, donations, good food, fabulous entertainment. Thanks to the Island Boys and Kilali for performing also. I think everyone had a great time. This being our first one, we definitely learned some things for next year....most importantly, to have it at a bigger place!!! Thank you to everyone who helped make this a success.

I just finished my 2nd semester of nursing school. YAY! So, I am half way done. Cannot wait for June. I hope it goes by fast.

The boys are getting bigger and smarter everyday. It kills me the things they pick up on.

Kawika is recovering from his knee surgery. He had a tear in his PCL so they replaced it with an achilles tendon from a cadaver.....GROSS!! But, hopefully it will do the job and he can get back to work, hula and judo soon.

Aloha 'til next time...
Steph

2 comments:

kkalama said...

Wow! You guys are very very busy! Tell Kawika that I wish him a healthy recovery. Koa just had knee surgery to replace his ACL and MCL...NOTE: Do not let him milk it like I let Koa. THEY WILL TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE! Ha Ha! Hope all is well. Talk to you soon!

Anita said...

congrats again on the school deal steph! you're amazing...mom of 2, hula group & straight A's on your way to becoming a nurse :) i agree the luau was great! we had a good time & loved the vendor idea, was a nice touch and changed it up a bit :)